Heart failure can occur when certain conditions weaken the heart over time. Controlling conditions that cause heart failure, such as coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, or obesity, is the most effective way to preventing heart failure.
While heart failure is not reversible, there are treatments available that can improve the symptoms and help you live longer.
About the Study
You may qualify for this research study if you:
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Have been discharged from the hospital for acute decompensated heart failure either HFrEF (systolic) or HFpEF (diastolic)
- Have had an acute heart failure event requiring medical management in the previous 6 months
You may not qualify for this research study if you:
- Are wearing a wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD)
- Anticipate starting dialysis within 90 days
- Are currently implanted with an S-ICD system
The Loretto Hospital
645 S Central Ave
See if you qualify for this study